I consider every session to be a therapeutic process in which the client’s greatest good is paramount. To this end, I work within the following code of practice:
- I will respect and attend to, in every way possible, your sense of safety, personal sovereignty, and choice.
- I will present a range of options toward a therapeutic goal, including oil massage, fully clothed massage, non-contact embodied practice, and options to increase or reduce the emotional intensity of the process .
- If strong emotion arises during the session, I will stay present with you until it resolves.
- I invite you to have a close friend or partner present if it supports your feeling of safety.
- I will respect, defend, and preserve the privacy of all personal information.
- I will not seek gratification of my own personal needs, including self-importance, influence, emotional or sexual connection.
- I will not exploit the client for financial, professional, or research purposes.
- I engage in regular peer support, supervision, and professional development to maintain the highest possible standard of care. The client’s identity will be protected through this process.
- Clear communication of intentions, needs, fears, and boundaries is central to this type of work. I will support you in developing these skills throughout the process.
I endeavor to meet you at your point of need, and will support you through any emotional process within my expertise and ethical practice. This work can complement (but is not a substitute for) psychotherapeutic approaches to anxiety, depression, physical / emotional / sexual trauma, dissociation, and relationships.